Subtle changes in your hearing can be difficult to notice because of how gradually hearing loss usually advances. Unlike children, who get routine hearing tests in school, adults seldom even consider scheduling an appointment. You wouldn’t dismiss a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you track the health of your hearing?
It’s worthwhile to get regular hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be exposed by everyday situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people to repeat themselves? Do I need to crank up the TV volume? Do noisy settings make discussions difficult? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you replied yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association advises hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing problems, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will utilize baselines, which will supply a frame of reference for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Issues, like earwax buildup, or noise-related hearing loss, can be recognized early on by routine hearing exams, avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can in some cases point to inherent medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Treating these conditions could improve your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have far-reaching consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and general quality of life, letting you fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Make an appointment for a hearing exam with us today to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.